April 14, 2013 10 Comments
In the next couple of years when we want to discuss photography; Yes! photography will be the name prominent in such discussions, why? because Yes photography would have become a house hold name in Nigeria, We at EnterpriseStep had a chat with the person behind the vibrant company and we really had a great time speaking with him. He made a bold statement that in a few years time he will take Nigeria by storm and believe me he will. kindly read on…
THE PERSON, THE BUSINESS
- CAN YOU PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR SELF?
- My name is Taiwo Olufemi Adeyinka. I studied Estate Management at Yaba College of Technology but now I am into Photography, Videography and Media production. I am from Ilaro in Yewa South LG of Ogun state. I am married to a wonderful woman and I have 2 kids. My hobbies are listening to music, photography and entertainment.
-TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS
- YES! Photography is a fast growing digital solutions company poised to offer professional photography service to its clients at a pocket friendly price while ensuring that customer satisfaction and delight are paramount in all our activities.
Our wide range of products and services includes but not limited to photography, videography, event management, training, branding, studio rental, sales and distribution of digital photo frames as well as post production services
-HOW DID YOU SETTLE FOR THAT INDUSTRY, WHAT WAS THE MOTIVATION TO ENTER THAT MARKET? – Flare and love for photography and graphics.
-CAN YOU SHARE WITH US THE OBSTACLES YOU ENCOUNTER IN THE COURSE OF DOING YOUR BUSINESS?
- Customers satisfaction, Government agencies, initial start-up problems basically general difficulties that beset an entrepreneur at the start off stage.
-DID U CONDUCT A FEASIBILITY STUDY?
- Yes we did.
-IS YOUR BUSINESS REGISTERED?
- Yes the business is registered with the CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission)
-SO HOW DID YOU RAISE SEED CAPITAL TO START
- Start up capital was from personal savings.
-WHAT ROLE WILL YOU SAY THE FINANCIAL SECTOR PLAYS IN THE LIFE OF SMALL BUSINESS IN NIGERIA?
- The financial section plays little or no role, accessibility to funds is a major issue due to the stringent requirements and regulations.
-WHILE TRYING TO GET STARTED, WHERE THERE ANY MAJOR SET-BACKS AND HOW DID U SURMOUNT THEM?
- I was in employment when I started so I had to work two jobs then. When I finally opted out to start Yes! Photography, securing a location and the rental cost were things of worry. However with purpose and drive, these were surmounted.
-HOW DO YOU HANDLE LEGAL MATTERS?
-We have a legal adviser who handles all legal matters.
-WHAT’S YOUR OVERALL MARKETING STRATEGY, HOW DO YOU PLAN ON REACHING PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS?
- Marketing Strategy is to create avenue for all class of society to do business through pocket friendly packages and services
-WHAT DETERMINED YOUR BUSINESS LOCATION
- Accessibility to customers and businesses that can complement our services.
-IN THIS INTERNET SAVVY WORLD, HOW DO YOU USE SOCIAL MEDIA?
- We have and we are still using the social media, we are on FB (Face Book), TWITTER, BB (Black Berry) GROUPS. We also place regular adverts on Bella Naija and other social network channels.
-MOST ENTREPRENEURS WANT TO KNOW; WHERE DO I GET MY BUSINESS IDEAS, HOW DO I FIND MY NICHE?
- The study of environment and the needs of an industry. A constant yearning for the desire to be a step ahead of our peers and to provide a service/product that will meet a specific need.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
-CAN YOU SHARE WITH US HOW YOU KEEP YOUR BUSINESS FUNDED?
- Funding for the business is a mixture of equity and income from sales and service. But with time the business should pay back personal ‘loans’ and it will be on auto run.
-THE FEDERAL AND STATE GOVERNMENTS IN NIGERIA HAS GEARED UP THE DRIVE FOR TAXATION; WHAT’S YOUR TAKE ON THIS AND HOW DOES YOUR BUSINESS RESPOND?
- Drive for taxation is a welcome thing but the negating factor is that services for which taxes are being paid are actually not there. So to me, I see it as just contributing on a regular basis to Government purse without any benefits whatsoever.
-DO YOU HAVE ANY PERSONNEL?
- Yes, we do.
-BRIEF US ON YOUR HUMAN RESOURCE POLICY IN YOUR BUSINESS
- Each staff signs employment forms wherein all is stated concerning ethics, the do’s and don’ts of the organization etcetera. Also a guarantor form is usually signed and filed for each staff to ensure we recruit very credible people who will deliver the best possible services to our customers.
-WITH THE INCREASING AWARENESS OF PENSION FOR WORKERS HOW DOES THIS FIT INTO OUR BUSINESS? - We are in talks with a few PFAs (Pension Fund Administrators) to see how best to incorporate it into our HR/salary system.
A LITTLE PERSONAL
-HOW DO YOU BALANCE WORK AND PERSONAL LIFE?
- It’s a bit hard because most times we work weekends, but by and large, time is always created to attend to my family. Family is ‘key’.
-WHAT ARE WE MOST LIKELY TO CATCH YOU DOING WHEN YOU ARE RELAXING?
- Listening to music and hanging out with my family.
-IN A NUTSHELL WHAT WOULD YOU DESCRIBE AS THE PURPOSE AND IMPACT OF ENTREPRENEURSHIP?
- Self-reliance, poverty alleviation.
-IN A FEW YEARS TIME, WHAT SHOULD WE EXPECT FROM YOUR COMPANY?
- To be one of the leading names in photography and media services and to have the word “YES! Photography” on the lips of everyone thinking photography.
-WHAT WOULD YOU SAY TO ASPIRING ENTREPRENEURS?
- Work hard, pray hard, and don’t be discouraged.
TO CONTACT YOU;
- YES! Photography Studio. 11, lateef Jakande road, 1st gate bus-stop Agidingbi.
TEL: 01-4547964, 08033512502, 08055895167, 08093162482